Topeka Acne Skin Care Policies
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment to allow time for you to check-in, fill out or update paperwork. New guests will be asked to complete a confidential medical questionnaire; designed with your well being in mind. You may also be asked to update your information on a regular basis.
Why are Advanced Skin Consultations and Acne Consultations important before treatments?
- Consultation is a vital part of your decision making process. Everybody’s needs are individual and I need to understand yours. My main concern is the well being of my clients and prospective clients and consultations allows for a thorough discussion with regard to your needs and suitability for treatment. Being made fully aware of the benefits, effects, side effects, risks, limitations and possible cost of any treatment allows you to make an informed decision with regard to your treatment and care.
- If you have decided to undergo advanced skin care treatments, I recommend that you come in for a free consultation before getting an advanced treatment.
Why do I collect health information?
- Health information is collected in order to promote a safe and healthy environment for my clients, to ensure continuity of information from one visit to the next, and to assist in customizing treatments to individual needs, particularly if there are medical issues or allergies which could have contraindications for certain products or services. Your health information can be updated annually or at your convenience. No service is performed without a detailed consultation.
- Please advise of any special health conditions on scheduling your appointment as this may effect your selected treatment(s). Should you experience high/low blood pressure, heart conditions, pregnancy, hypertension, cancer, allergies, skin rash, or any health conditions, I advise you to consult your doctor before your treatment and present me with a doctor’s note of approval. I have the right to refuse service due to contraindicated health conditions.
Illnesses, Cold Sores, Sunburns, Etc.
- We recognizes that both esthetician/massage therapist and clients are vulnerable to infections and therefore ask clients to cancel appointments when they are feeling unwell. If you have any of the following contagious illnesses your treatments will be rescheduled:
Diarrhea, Vomiting, Fever, Chicken Pox, Shingles, Measles, Mumps, Meningitis, Hepatitis A, Conjunctivitis, Cold Sores, Rubella, Head Lice, Impetigo, Influenza, Meningococcal Disease, Polio, Ringworm of the body, feet or scalp, Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease, Scabies, Sore Throat, Thrush, Whooping Cough, and the common cold.
- Late arrival may result in a shortened treatment time to ensure that the next guest is not delayed. Please appreciate that I cannot adjust pricing for reduced service time due to late arrival. After 15 minutes you appointment will be cancelled, rescheduled with applicable charges.
- Please turn your cell phones off or set on silent during your time at the studio in consideration of others.
- All bookings must be guaranteed with a Visa or MasterCard.
- Your appointments are very important to us and are reserved especially for you. Should you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, I respectfully request at least 24 hour notice. Please understand that when you forget or cancel your appointment without giving enough notice, I miss the opportunity to fill that appointment time and clients on my waiting list miss the opportunity to receive services.
- My Online Booking System sends out 2 reminders 48 and 24 hours in advance. Please understand that it is your responsibility to remember your appointment dates and times to avoid late arrivals, missed appointments and the cancellation fee. Since the services are reserved for you personally, a Cancellation fee will apply. In the event that I do not receive the required notice for adjustments and cancellations the following fees will be applied to your card or alternatively billed out to you via PayPal:
- Notification given at least 24 hours prior to your appointment will receive no charges.
- Notification given less than 24 hour prior to appointment time will result in a fifty percent charge of the service booked.
- Failure to show up for your appointment will result in a 100% charge of the reserved service amount.
- The Cancellation Policy allows me the time to inform my standby clients of any availability, as well as keeping my schedule filled, in order to better serve everyone.
- Clients between 12 to 18 years old must present written permission from their parents or guardian prior to their first waxing or skin clinic service. Clients under 15 years old must have a parent or guardian present at all times. No Brazilian waxing will be performed on a minor under the age of 18.
Method of Payment
- I accept Cash, Debit, Visa and MasterCard. Prices are subject to applicable taxes. Prices are subject to change. Treatment times are approximate. Gratuities are not included in the service price and are not mandatory either, but kindly appreciated.
Returns / Exchanges
- In-Store Credit or Exchange with receipt within 14 days of purchase. All gift cards and pre-paid services are non-refundable, but are transferable. Sale items, make-up, nail polish etc are final sale.
Refund Policy - Products
- All products are sold as brand new and for personal use only. I cannot give refunds on any products sold to due to personal hygiene and health and safety reasons. If there is a fault with the product I can send back to the manufacturer for review.
Refund Policy - Services
- All treatments are carried out by myself – I’m a Licensed Esthetician/board Certified Massage therapist. If you have had a treatment that you are unsatisfied with please contact me immediately. I cannot give refunds on any treatments but I will look into your concerns immediately.
- You may be asked to remove jewelry for some treatments. However, Topeka Acne Skin Care does not assume liability for lost personal items.
- Complimentary parking is available to my Clients. Directly behind the building in front of the back door.
- Gratuities are entirely at your discretion and are not included in the price of my services, packages, or gift cards but often range from 15% to 20% in the Spa Industry.
Gift Certificates & Online Vouchers
- Gift Certificates are non-refundable and are not redeemable for cash. All gift certificates must be mentioned prior to making your appointment. Additionally, gift certificates must be presented at your appointment. Multiple gift certificates may not be combined towards a single service or product purchase. Gift Certificates can only be used on full priced services.
Disclaimer / Waiver
Please read this disclaimer carefully before using this website or agreeing to use the services at Topeka Acne Skin Care. All opinions and claims on this website are my own based on my own research and knowledge.
Any opinions and claims made should not be construed as medical advice. No information provided by me should be construed as a claim or representation that my services are intended for any use in the diagnosis, cure, mitigation, treatment or prevention of any conditions of a medical nature.
I do not accept any responsibility for the accuracy of any information or the consequence arising from using my website or services and before any use of my services is undertaken you should ensure that you have taken qualified medical advice.
If you think you are suffering from a medical condition see your doctor. Do not self diagnose. It is important that you do this before any treatments are undertaken.
At no time before or during the provision of any treatments by Topeka Acne Skin Care will I make any medical diagnosis upon you. I will not be held responsible for any injury, loss and or damage to any person or property as a result of any treatment, negligence or otherwise. No claims or endorsements are made for any treatments that are available by Topeka Acne Skin Care.
You are fully responsible for your own health throughout any treatment and/or stay with me and therefore it is your responsibility to ensure that you are medically fit to undergo any treatment.
You are hereby advised to seek advice from your doctor before undergoing any treatment with Topeka Acne Skin Care.
- Topeka Acne Skin Care may reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for inappropriate behavior, illness listed as contraindications for services or as deemed necessary. The client also has the right to stop the treatments at any time. Topeka Acne Skin Care assumes no responsibility for any disclosed or undisclosed illness or personal injury.
- Topeka Acne Skin Care has the right to cancel or reschedule a treatment without notice. I have the right to change your service without notice.
- By CALLING or scheduling your appointment ONLINE , you are indicating that you understand and accept these terms and conditions stated in the Topeka Acne Skin Care Policies.
Thank you for your cooperation!